Friday, September 17, 2010

Make A Splash With A Colorful Backsplash

Some of you know that I have a slight love affair with kitchen design. It's quite hilarious considering I feel like I only just discovered my own kitchen about 2 years ago. Prior to that I believed the most important aspect was a great microwave. But that has all changed!

Besides having great appliances and a great layout, I think a successful kitchen should make a splash. A fantastic backsplash is a great way to make a statement whether it's understated elegance or bold patterns.

Check out this kitchen. It has simple yet stunning white bead board cabinetry and marble countertops. And then BAM.... turquoise paint inside the cabinets and a very special orange and creme backsplash. I understand that this is not for everyone, but what a statement it makes!
Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 7.27.00 PM
Photo courtesy of House Beautiful

More backsplash ideas:
DamascusTileRepeat

Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 7.49.10 PMScreen shot 2010-09-16 at 7.51.09 PMScreen shot 2010-09-16 at 7.53.30 PM

Kibak_Deco_Kasbah

No comments:

Post a Comment