Saturday, August 14, 2010

Get The Look... Chic Bathroom

I've decided that I am starting a new segment of my blog called "Get The Look". My goal is to show you how to achieve similar looks to photos that I have posted. By doing this, my hope is to give you inspiration that you can do it too!
This chic bathroom was designed by one of my favorites, the adorable and talented Nate Berkus. Can't you just picture yourself blissfully getting ready for your day or night in this bathroom!
Interior-Decorating-ideas-ED0310_Rakieten_14
Here's how to get this look:
Let's start with the floors. Marble floors can take you from traditional to contemporary in the blink of an eye with so many colors and styles to choose from. I am a fan of the white family of marbles like Calcutta and Carrara which can be found on these floors. For a more reasonable option, you can use these hexagon tiles from Daltile:
DP_DTWWMD1212_White
And now the walls! We all know that I love gray and these walls don't disappoint. Try Dunn Edwards "Adirondack" or "Silver Lined".
Screen shot 2010-08-13 at 2.48.54 PMScreen shot 2010-08-13 at 2.52.05 PM
Lighting is one of the most important aspects of a bathroom (Ladies think about when you put your makeup on). Sconces are a great way to achieve an overall even light to create a more flawless face. This bathroom has both sconces and a chandelier. I love these alternatives - the chandelier is from Pottery Barn and the sconces are from Circa Lighting.
img42mm_MS2012SN-NP.jpg
The sink that Nate used is a modern update to the pedestal. Many places are starting to offer similar styles. I found this one at Restoration Hardware.
prod1290049_BB07
The mirrored cabinet is a creative way of making up for the storage that you lose when you do a pedestal sink. This cabinet is from Horchow.
Screen shot 2010-08-13 at 3.25.47 PM
Accessories can make or break a room. In a bathroom, I would say that for the most part, less is more. Nothing is overdone in Nate's bathroom and that's the way it should be. Here are some complimentary accessories to his.

Towels
prod320058_WIN-10
Mirrors
img27m
Artwork
HG136787

No comments:

Post a Comment